Ului


Suddenly the wind started to pick up and the sky turned pitch black. The air filled with danger. The clouds grew darker and darker like a blanket over the sky. The wind whistled through the air. Suddenly the wind changed and started howling. I heard a huge crack and down came my favourite old gum tree from the hill. Was this the beginning ……

As we watched the storm, tin flew through the air like shooting bullets. Trees were being ripped right out of the ground by the fierce wind. The house was shaking as cyclone Ului grew nearer and nearer. I was sitting their shaking in my boots. Suddenly everything went black as the power lines went crashing to the ground. Sparks flew out everywhere. Everything was in totally darkness.


Mum lit the candles that were around the house. The flickering candle made a dim light. As cyclone Ului marched towards us, mum suggested that it was time to go to sleep, but I knew I wouldn’t, because the storm was getting stronger. I was very frightened. The wind gushed through the front and back patio blowing the glass door right out of the frame and the window were starting to bow and shake. Suddenly they shattered into a million pieces. Pieces of glass were all over the floor. We all went to the bathroom to take shelter.

As the cyclone passed over us. The wind started to stop. The rain was still drizzling. Looking outside the destruction was terrible. Trees had fallen down, branches covered the road. We were trapped at home. Roofs had been ripped off. There was no power.

We had to clear the road as we were trapped. Dad used the tractor to clear the fallen tress. Our trampoline was wrapped around the gum tree. The roof of the pump shed was no where to be seen. Ului did his best but we survived.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!