I Became The Story

I became the story
Written by Bethany johns
Books, books and more books, Saskia hated books there were books every where. There were books at school there were books at home but most of all there were books in the library. Her Dad owned the library he was always coming home and saying that he got a new book, it was so irritating! In fact her Mum was reading her a story right at this second about fairies, goblins and all that imaginary stuff. Her mum had convinced her some how. She said it was only going to be a short story but it went forever. She was just up to the part where the goblins attacked the fairies when there was a flash of light and Saskia found herself in fairy land!! She had shrunk so she could fit in fairy land of course. It was easy to tell because every one had wings including the goblins. What, the goblins!! I must be inside the book that Mum was reading to me today” Saskia said to herself as all the fairies gathered round her. At that very second there was a flash of light and the most beautiful fairy came out of nowhere. Every one bowed down to her. Saskia guessed that she was the fairy Queen and bowed down too. “Rise my little ones” the Queen said, “I have come because of the human”. Every one looked back at Saskia “we need your help to fight in the fairy and goblin war”. “WHAT!!!” said Saskia “I am not fighting in any fairy war, all I want to do is go home. Why is this happening to me?”All the fairies were now staring at her. Every face had a concerned look. “Well you will have to, you are our only hope” said the fairy queen sounding more serious “it begins in one hour so you better get ready” said the fairy Queen and with that there was another flash of light and she was gone. Saskia was really scared but decided that this was the only way she could get back to her family and help fairy land.
The sound of a horn made her think that this war had just begun. She looked up, a goblin was running straight for her, out came their swords “clang clang” no one won that sword fight but Saskia gave the goblin a fright and he had run away. Lots of other goblins came for her but they ended up just the same as the first goblin. Finally for what seemed like an hour the horn went and every one stopped fighting. There was a flash of light and Saskia found her self on the couch snuggling with her Mum she heard her say “and so fairy land was saved in the end”. Looks like mum didn’t even notice I was gone, Saskia thought to herself. “Well I had better be getting back to my work Saskia, I knew you would like books once you started” and with that Saskia’s mum walked off to get her work done. Saskia was so glad to be home and I guess her mum was right, books were more than she had ever imagined.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!