Soul Eater

Finalist in the 'Something With Bite 2010' competition

The cold wind gently touched her and whimpered in her ears. Tears silently slid down her face as she fell on her knees.
“Fair lady, are you alright?”
She turned around and a young man dressed in red and black approached her.
“I-I…I-”
He touched her face and wiped away her tears. She slumped to the ground, her eyes blank. Her body was as cold as ice.
“Delicious…”
The figure whispered silently, in a neither soothing nor alarming tone, and the words rang in his ears as he began to make sense of what it meant.
“You are just a mere devil. What can you offer me?”
“Wealth, fame and power, you indeed, have it all and yet one corner of your heart is not content.”
“Lies! How can a demon like you understand what a human heart most desires?”
“O, but have you forgotten that I once was among mankind and can you not say that deep down in our hearts, we all desire the same?”
“Show me then.”
“You do not trust me, even when I have shown you my sincerity.”
“Indeed, but you have deliberately hidden your words. You satisfy me but for what price?”
“Your soul, give me your soul.”
“But how do I know that you will keep your word?”
The demonic figure smiled as he pointed to his horns.
“Should I ever break my word, these horns will disappear and I will be not devil, not angel, nor human but wander in eternity.”
“Do I trust you and take your words?”
The corner of his lips curled up into a smile.
“Then should you satisfy me, my soul will be yours.”
“Blood…let me taste a drop of your blood and if you break your word, I will track you down!”
There was no way the demon would satisfy him. He smirked slightly as he held out his hand. The demon scratched his skin and drew out some blood. The figure played with the red liquid and disappeared.
“What- …desire? All lies-”
Knock knock.
He opened the door as he heard a voice, a female voice.
“I…”
His love stood before him. His heart skipped a beat and he was sure that he could feel it pulse faster. She smiled at him as he stuttered.
“H- What…I…”
He looked at her and he lost his smile as she saw her eyes. Blank, her eyes were full of tears that were on the verge of sliding down her face.
“She does not love you and yet the soul eater had taken away her heart and forced her on you.”
“What…who-”
The mysterious voice whispered in his ears.
“I cannot interfere with your pact. Your soul has already been eaten, not by the demon but by yourself. Love cannot be forced on one and yet your ignorance has let her down.”
He faced the girl who was now unfamiliar to him. Tears came down and she fell to the cold ground.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!