Tell Me More...

“Princess Anna!” King Douglas called on a cold, snowy winter’s day. “What are you doing and where are you?’ he asked.

Princess Anna was twelve and had a very different life to the average twelve year old. She lived in a castle with eleven bedrooms. She was a princess and her dad was a king and she owned a magic umbrella that could transport her wherever she wished to go. She just had to picture the place in her mind.

King Douglas called his daughter again and then decided to search for her. He found her in her room crying and asked her what the problem was. Anna had a sad and guilty expression on her face. She told him all about her blue, magic umbrella and how it could transport people to wherever they wanted to go. She had lost it.

King Douglas and Princess Anna set out in search of the umbrella, but it was nowhere to be seen in the palace. King Douglas refused to go outside as he said that royalty should not go walking in snow round their backyard, in the city, or anywhere. He believed they should travel by horse and carriage.

At that, Anna went searching in the yard and in the city, but the umbrella was not there. Anna was about to give up, when her dad turned up in a carriage with a hand full of fliers that said:

Missing: Blue Umbrella

Princess Anna climbed in the carriage and off they went leaning out of the windows putting fliers in everybody’s mail box.

“Bedtime Katie.”
“But mum we didn’t finish the story, I want to know if they find the umbrella,” said Katie.
“Tomorrow night,” said her mother.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!