Emily

One day there was an old lady named Emily. Emily had long thin white hair, rainbow, coloured glasses and a pink, and green walking stick. Emily had two, fluffy, brown beautiful dogs (they where small) their names where Lucy and Annie. She also has two wonderful, caring, kind and beautiful granddaughters, called Ashleigh and Victoria. “Ashleigh and Victoria always come over to play with the dogs,” said Emily.

One day Emily was out walking the dogs along the beachfront and decided she was going to get a coffee. She went and got her delicious warm and strong coffee and sat down to have it. Just, then a grumpy, baggy and suspicious looking man walked in to get something. He got it and as he was walking out he grabbed hold of Lucy and took her away. He threw her into a big pound truck and drove away with her barking all the way back to the pound. So, Emily went home, and phoned up the city pound straight away. This is where Emily thought Lucy went. Emily asked “Do you have a small, brown and fluffy dog at the pound?.” The lady on the phone said, “A truck just came in and it has lots of fluffy dogs in it.” “Well, one of them is mine,” said Emily. Emily hung up the phone just as the doorbell rang. Emily thought it was Lucy coming back with the man, but no, it was Ashleigh and Victoria with a big smile on there faces. Emily said “come in girls I have something to tell you.” “What grandma”, said the girls? “Well, I was out walking along the beach this morning and I got a coffee and sat down to have it and a man walked in and on his way back out he took…” said Emily. “What did he take? Was it your handbag?” “No”. “Was it one of the…” “I’ll keep on going with the story. Well, he took L L… uucy.” “What? He took Lucy. Where to?” “Well I think it was the pound.” “The pound, well we need to go there.” “I called them just before you came in and they said that a truck had just arrived with lots of small, brown, fluffy dogs in it.” “Well, we still need to go there to get her.” “But I don’t know if that is where Lucy went.” “Well, we will see. Get in the car and drive us to the city pound grandma and we’ll see if she is there.” So they got in the car and drove and dove until they got to the city pound.

“I remember this place” said Emily and the girls. “I remember about 5 years ago when I came here to get Lucy and Annie”, said Emily. They parked the car and walked inside. “It has changed since the last time I came her,” said Ashleigh. They walked to the counter and said, “do you have any small, brown and fluffy dogs here? The lady at the counter said, “yes we do,” in a nice way. The lady showed them where the fluffy dogs where. They looked at almost every fluffy dog there was at the pound. They where walking straight with their heads looking at the dogs. They didn’t know where they were until they clashed heads and then they found Lucy.


They said to the lady at the counter, “We would like this dog here thank you.” She went and got the key for that cage and unlocked it and out jumped Lucy. They bought a lead to put on her to take her home. The lady at the counter had Emily’s details from 5 years ago on the computer and they told Emily that it was a mistake that the man had taken Lucy and he said sorry as well. After that, they drove home with Lucy and as soon as they let her go, she ran straight to Annie and they played together until Ashleigh and Victoria had to go home. Emily always lived safe and never had to go back to the pound aging unless it was a check up for the dogs.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!