New School




I was walking into my new school. As I walked all I thought about was how I would just move again and there was no point getting settled in. Morning to New York was hard for me, leaving my friends and cousins, but walking into Jorrandii High School was harder.

My heart was beating a thousand beats per minute, my arms felt dead and when I moved them it seemed like I was being controlled by a puppeteer. The body parts beneath my waist that people call ‘legs’ weren’t helping me at all as they collapsed to the floor and dropped all my books.

A girl named Annabelle came up to me and picked up my school books, then she kicked them into a classroom. She was mean and didn’t like me. I suddenly felt sad and ran into the room to get my school books.

The classroom was filled with paintings and books. One book in particular was covered in butterflies and colours. I turned around and saw my best friend from my old school! She told me her parents had to move to New York for business. I felt so happy and welcome that I realised something. When I opened the school gate the school looked big and I thought only mean kids would go there but I was wrong. When people tell you don’t judge a book by its cover you think you don’t, but I then realised that I just did, only in a different way!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!