Zechad Vs Cethlas

“One stormy day, just like this one, a lightning strike hit the house and BANG! No-one survived”
“That’s not funny Dad!” yelled Robert and I.
“Oh George. Stop scaring the kids!” said Georgia walking in from the kitchen with the family dog. You see these people are my family. We are the Masions. Robert and I are twins and we’re eleven years old. My Mum is Georgia and my Dad is George. Weird coincidence huh? We live in Ballidu. Anyways once this story gets rolling its way more interesting. Ready?

One Tuesday morning (Tuesday the 15th of March to be exact) a lightning strike did hit our house but it hit our clock and a massive spark went flying onto the floor and a fire started! Luckily no-one was hurt and it was put out straight away. Something weird happened though, the next day at the exact same time the lightning struck our clock, Robert, Winifred and I were zapped into the world of…ZECHAD! A realm!

“You walked through a portal! The clock is a portal!” a strange, low voice said “Oh, I hate this silly voice. I am Alicazara, nice witch and ruler of Zechad,” she squealed in a high-pitched voice. Robert and I looked at her astonished. “What happened here kind witch!?” asked Robert, as the realm of Zechad looked like a bomb had hit it!
“Oh, the people of this realm are suffering a nasty realm war against Cethlas. They think we have stolen their chocolate supplies! You see it is like money to them, as precious as gold,” sighed Alicazara calmly.
“Chocolate? That’s stupid!” replied Robert sarcastically.

BANG! A loud noise came behind us. BANG! BANG! BANG! One after another, pods came crashing down and guess who stepped out of them? Soldiers from Cethlas, that’s who.

“I am Cathy from the realm of Cethlas. I am here to fight for our chocolate!” screamed a plump, round lady as she jumped out of her royal pod. As soon as I blinked in disbelief, they had already started battle with the soldiers from Zechad. “STOOOOOOOOP!” I cried, “Why don’t we make a deal?” They stopped. “We get 40% of the chocolate and you guys get 60% of it,” I offered. “We’re sick of the fighting and we have only been here one day!” It was true we were sick of it. Even Winifred and he’s a dog! “Fine, it’s a deal,” sighed Cathy, “I have to get dinner started. I have a family you know!” That issue was quickly resolved but another one lay ahead,

“How do we get home?” whimpered Robert. We wanted to go home and plus it was getting dark. “Close your eyes, children and you’re home” whispered a fading voice. I opened my eyes and we were home! We were zapped back through our clock! “We’re home” Robert and I said in sync.
“You were never gone” said Mum and Dad. We return back every year at the same time to celebrate the peace!


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!