I Looked Out Of My Bedroom Window And Saw...

It was the middle of the night. I had just woken up for some strange reason. I checked my watch. 12:00 am it read. I looked out of my bedroom window and saw the moon shining silver against the deep, damp, dark night sky. Suddenly, a strange shape, glinting golden in the marvellous moonlight, moved in front of the moon, blocking it completely out of view. It slowly descended and hovered over our lawn. Then I saw a mysterious man that jumped off and put a pink parcel on our sir walter buffalo lawn.

I hopped out of bed, and as I did, the strange shape flew away. Something seemed to be calling me towards the pink parcel. Slowly, I moved out of my messy room, and started stepping down the stairs. It was as if a ghost had grabbed me by the hand and was tugging me along.

Outside, it was dark and cold.
I moved slowly towards the package, picked it up and opened it. Inside there was a little device. I sat down on the wet, green grass and started to fiddle with it. I opened it and turned the disc that was inside. Numbers and letters started appearing. I moved my hand towards the knob at the end. I pressed it and suddenly I was surrounded by people on a beach dressed in grass skirts and with flowers around their necks. They treated me like a queen! I thought I might stay there forever. I was enjoying myself so much when a bright light shone on me.

I woke up in my bed with the sunlight streaming through the window. I looked out of my bedroom window and saw a strange man putting a pink parcel on our lawn. I went downstairs and opened the door.

When I was outside, the man had gone. I picked up the parcel and opened it. Inside was something wrapped in wispy white wrapping paper. On the front it said ‘TO ANNA’ in big bold capital letters. I opened it and screamed with delight. It was a new book from my favourite series, The Menace. I remembered then that it was my birthday and we were going to Hawaii to celebrate. Oh dream, here we come, I thought. It was the perfect start to the perfect day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!