New Year

On the 31st of December at 7.20pm Brent Max and Ben rocked up to Margaret River all in the same car an SS Holden. They all walked onto the beach where they could see a party with a bon fire and they could see all there friends there. They all went and got a drink from the esky and parted hard for New Year. About 3.00am a radio called out in Riyo’s car who was one of Brent’s, it was saying a massive had started and was about 52 km north of the party and was coming straight towards them. Brent got on the radio and said he well be there after he goes and gets the fire truck.

When Brent and Ben raced away to pick up the fire truck, Max and Riyo tried to evacuate the party. After twenty mins the police was at the party helping evacuate the guests. When everyone had left the fire was only ten kilometres and the blaze had already brunt two houses and was heading straight into town. The Brent and Ben were back to see if everyone and left. Then Max and Riyo jumped in the fire truck and they went back to fight the fire.

The fire was very hot when they got there they could see how hard everyone had tried to get it to go to divert the fire away from town but it was too strong. They needed to create a awesome plan and a very quickly. Then Brent had an idea. He said, “If the fire is going straight to town, we should see if we could make a very big and strong fire break, to make the fire go straight into lake dinna then it will burn straight into the lake” sounds like a plane said Brent.

So Brent and Ben went off in the fire truck and Max and Riyo went to borrow a loader and a slasher. Max was in the loader and Riyo was in the slasher. Brent and Ben were trying to clam the fire down by putting water on it while Max and Riyo were trying to make a massive and strong fire break with the help for the other man who was fitting the fire as well.

Three hours latter.

“Well done boys”! Said. Ben on the uhf radio, “We have it under control for now and it’s on the right track straight to Lake Dinna over”, Max added “Don’t slack off! Anything can still happen. Just keep doing what you were doing over”.

At 7.15pm that night a voice came over the radio once again, good job Boys. You can all go home for a rest over. Everyone left but three people stayed so it didn’t get out of control.

Then at 12.00 pm Max, Riyo, Brent and Ben all went to hungry jack for breakfast. When they had finished there breakfast they went back to the fire. When they got back they could see it was mostly out but will still burn for another one or two days. So they went a said to the people who stayed when they left to go have a rest and they would keep it secured until it burnt into Lake Dinna.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!