Sand Sculptors


One cool summer afternoon, Ashley sat on the windy sand sketching her sand sculptor idea. “I just don’t know which one we should do” she told her Best friend Melissa.” Let me take a look” Melissa said taking the pad out of her hand.

“Wow! These are good” she said admiring them. “We should do the horse picture” she said pointing to the picture of the black stallion. “That one looks the best” she said deciding.

“Girls lunch time” called Mrs.Hardiman.The girls quickly packed up there things and ran inside.

Ashley Rayner was staying with her best friend Melissa Hardiman for the holidays and there was to be a sand sculptor completion the next day and the girls were entering there sculptor “The Stunning Stallion” which they both agreed was a good sculpture to enter to show there love of horse in there work.

“There were going to be lots of kids, games, face painting and rides there too” said Ashley “It’s was going to be so much fun!” “I hope we win” sighed Melissa “But at least with your sketches we will have a good chance!” reminded Ashley.

The next morning the girls didn’t need to be woken up, they quickly pulled on some jeans and an old top (so is wouldn’t matter if it got dirty) and grabbed a sun hat and ran out doors to begin their long day. When they got to the beach it was already full with kids staring their sculptors or playing in the sand and parents watching carefully. The girls started by collecting water (to make the sand stick) from the ocean, and then gradually coped the picture of the horse Ashley had drawn. By lunchtime the horse was looking perfect with beautiful black seaweed main and tail.

The judge came around to inspect all of the sculptors at 1:00 and he stared imperticually at the girls’ horse and smiled. “Do you girls like horses?” he asked smiling. He made a few notes in his diary and headed off for the next sculpture. “Oh, he likes our sculpture!” said Ashley happily, “I can’t wait till the award ceremony.” “Well you will just have to wait, won’t you?”


By Bethany Van Strijp 350 words




FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!