Jenna In A Spot Of Trouble

Jenna woke up in a new day and groaned. She did not feel well. In fact, she felt horribly unwell which is very bad especially if you’re a mischief maker. She went to the bathroom to look at herself in the mirror. “Ahhhh?!” she screamed, there were dots all over her face!
She decided to go to the doctors and make an appointment with Dr McEnzey.
“You’ve got measles” he said and the best thing you can do is go home and stay in there for a week” Jenna’s face fell. A whole week in bed! A whole week of no mischief! The thought of it made her feel even worse.
Jenna groaned for the second time that day.“And don’t forget,” said Dr McEnzey just as she was leaving “measles catch on very quickly”.
Jenna closed the door and left with a very mischievous grin. A sort of grin that meant she was up to no good.
Before Jenna got home she popped into the hardware store and bought some skin coloured paint and painted over all her spots before going over to Michael’s house. She didn’t stay long just long enough.
Just long enough to give Michael the measles. When she got home got home she hopped in bed chuckling to herself. What a nasty person she was.
The next morning Jenna thought that if Michael had the measles he might pass it on to Indy and to lots of other people as well. “This will keep me happy all week long” said Jenna to herself.
Just then there was a knock at the door. So Jenna struggled out of bed and answered it.
“Hello” said Michael. “I heard you had the measles so I brought some grapes to cheer you up, here.”
Jenna looked at Michael but as hard as he looked he couldn’t see any spots. Not one!
“Aren’t you afraid of catching the measles from me?” Stammered Jenna! “Of course not," said Michael “everyone knows you can only get measles once!”
Jenna’s face fell and she groaned. Again!
“What’s wrong?” said Michael “don’t you like grapes?”


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!