Pain

My eyes begin to open very slowly as I try my best to see where I am. To my surprise, I seem to be in some hospital that I have never seen and heard in my life. I look to my astonishment on my left, the time that I am looking at says its 11:41 a.m and for some reason it is about one week since the last time I have been awake. I have a very high standard memory compared to everyone else because when I was a baby, my mother passed away giving birth to me, my life. She was a very intellectual person and maybe I am smart due to the genes she gave. She never did marry so therefore I lived my auntie. Her husband or my uncle whose name was Giffe, died in a car accident about three years from now.

After looking at the time and date,I turn my head towards the shining ceiling of the hospital above me and think to myself. I have no idea of what happened to me today because it was different from the usual ones, it was something that is literally unimaginable. While I think about what occurred a week ago, a doctor comes in through the door and sits right beside on my bed. My heart begins to pump harder and harder because he is holding an anesthetic the size of a huge pole. I know it is for my own good but I the turn to my left arm and see massive cuts all around my veins. It’s a frightening sight to see but I know the anesthetic will help me even if I don’t want it to. My life is coming to an end because I feel outside of the world I once was in. No one understands what horrifying pain I’m now feeling. I hear a faint cry, I can see it’s my aunt sobbing. Her tears are running like a tap, It’s quite difficult for me to watch because the last time I saw her cry was Giffe’s funeral.

I start to lose conscience to find out my vein is gushing out with loads of blood. The doctor then quickly hops off the bed to get help from others. Light fades away from me as I rest in the bed without any movements which I am able to control. I never would have expected this to ever occur but I feel my life is coming to an end. My eyes slowly shut as I think about being with both my mother and uncle.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!