Walk Away Daddy

She wasn't a evil person. She could say that she was genuinely a sweet girl underneath it all.
It wasn't like she had planned to turn into such a cold hearted user, it just sort of happened. She found that if she let any one into her life it was more likely that she would get hurt. She had learnt long ago to never let anyone closer then need be, when her father had walked out on her and her mother, for some hussy who was only a few years older then herself. She had heard her mother cry for some many nights after that, watched as she slowly faded away.
Her father had made them charity case of the town they had once called home. So she pledged to herself she would never let any man have the chance to do what her father had done to them. She used them like they would eventually use her. It made her feel special and in control of her life, if only for a few moments.
Chrissie didn't have a day any longer. There was no Mr. Malone here, no, sorry, never heard of him.
It wasn't like she enjoyed the things she would do to them. Okay so she enjoyed it a lot. But she always felt guilty the morning after.
How ashamed her family would be to hear about what she had been doing. But she buried those feelings deep down and told herself that they had already betrayed her, it's not like they seemed to care.
Two years after her father had walked out on them, her mother had been with a different man constantly. Like mother like daughter. Always renting herself out.
Then there was Jessica Finch. The faithful side-kick, resident follower. It felt good to know that there was always some one around to gossip and complain to, to know she was so far gone that she wouldn't ever repeat what was said.
It was true they had started off as friends, but it didn't stay that way for long. Chrissie came to see Jessica as some girl whose head could be easily screwed with. She was easily influenced and it didn't take long to have her wrapped around Chrissie’s little finger.
That was her life for you. Always struggling to control everything there was, never sparing a second thought for her actions or words. All she wanted was power.
Too bad that now she wanted something more.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!