Elemental Mistress

I suppose that I should tell you how I ended up like this. It all started when I was born on a cold winter’s night. I was unwanted. My mother had given birth to twins a boy and a girl, my father was livid that the girl was born first and therefore the heir to the throne, he wanted a strong ruler not a weak minded female. So I was sent to the neighbouring kingdom and became a simple maid. I was saved from a life of servitude by the magic in my blood, and so eventually I became a Palace Mage. At thirteen I was a full Mage. At fourteen I mastered all magic but the hardest. At fifteen I was an Elemental Mistress and the strongest mage in the kingdom de la lune. That is how my story starts with a cruel father and a younger brother. My name is Scarlette and I am sixteen.
~*~
“Mistress Scarlette the king is ready to see you”, “Now?”, “yes”. “Very well you are excused”.
Scarlette walked towards the throne room ignoring the stares directed at her.
The High King looked up as the youngest and most powerful mage walked in. He glanced at his son, the Crown Prince, who visibly brightened at the sight of her. Interesting, he thought as he addressed her.
“Why have you asked for this audience Elemental Mistress?” the King asked. She replied “I wish to search for the Elemental Sword”. The King frowned, of course she would as The Elemental Mistress it is her duty, “I will allow you to do so”. “Thank you Your Majesty, I leave tomorrow at dawn”.
The Crown Prince stood “I think it’s unsafe she shouldn’t go!” Scarlette’s eyes softened, “Prince Dominic I am the Elemental Mistress I will be fine” saying that she walked out.
~*~
It was dawn and Scarlette was ready to leave. As she reached the gates Crown Prince Dominic stopped her, panting he begged her not to leave. She smiled “I will be fine Dominic”. “What if you don’t come back?” “That will be my choice”. “I won’t let you leave”, he said stubbornly, “Unless you promise to come back”. “I will not promise anything”.
Desperate Crown Prince Dominic pulled her gently towards him and kissed her softly “I love you little mage so come back”
“I will”, said Scarlette softly, “I promise”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!