Manhood

Jonathon Strode throught the shoping centre trying to walk as casually as he could. He was frequently looking around for the shop in wich held the only item that he felt would ever be worth bying in the entire shopping center. He finnaly found the small shop on the corner of the left of the large polished walkway. To him it seemed to glow, maybe because small tears took away his accurate vision or it may be that bying this object could change his life forever. The glistening object stared at him through the glass, it almost teased him the way it glinted showing itself off. His finger tapped on the glasss obove the glistening object." How much is this one?" He asked. " Two thousand nine hundred and ninety-nine dollars," She replied robotically. "What?" He exclaimed."In the magazine it said it was Two thousand five hundred dollars." "This item has gone off sale." She said in the same robotic tone. He left the store crushed. He trotted through the shopping centre, head hanging. He came to a newsagency to look at this mornings paper. He picked up a Box of tic tacs and a scratchy. He passed over the tic tacs and the scratchy and the money followed. WIN A TOTAL OF $600. He scratched it barly able to care. $600. $20. $600. He laughed to himself they always put two in to tease and make you fel like your almost there, to getting the big win. $10. $80... $600! The joy seemed to flow from the ticket, a smile forced it's way onto his face. Stores flashed by and before he knew it he was at the glowing store again. He praised all the gods he could think of even the nonsense ones.HE purchased the item then buried the box it was in deep in his pocket. He was in his car before he knew it. The word Manhood flashed across his mind. He tugged on the handbrake and hopped out of his car and down his driveway path opened the door and walked, joy and nervousness filled his body. Before he knew it his knee had kissed the ground. "Will you marry me?" There was a pause. "Yes,yes I will." Alisha, his grlfriend and now fiancee replied quietly. He'd done it, he'd reached manhood.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!