Dawn Horse

Hi my name is Riddels. I am a pony. John my owner does a lot for people. I see my mum and dad in the paddock next door. I have a sister. Her name is Jungle Jamie. Jazz, her owner, has taken her to riding for the disabled. I am good at barrel racing in the rodeos.

Now for the story of Dawn horse. One day long ago there was a little creature and his name was Dawn horse. He lived in Green Grass Valley.

Green Grass Valley was surrounded by a forest that had a river running through it with loads of water ways. You know why they call it Green Grass Valley!

Now Dawn horse lived in Green Grass Valley. He was no bigger than a fox or small dog. One day Dawn horse woke up and said “oh no! What has happened to my home?"

So he went out for a walk to find he was not the only one whose home had changed. The rivers, lakes, streams and ponds all flowed peacefully. The leaves were gold, red and silver. The grass was golden brown, the air was cool with a pine needle sort of musky, dusty, nice dry season smell.

Soon the golden apple was rung at the meeting maple tree. All the animals through Green Grass Valley were gathered round the meeting maple tree. The president of Green Grass Valley was a tiger. His name was Spot. Very soon they came to a solution. They were all going to keep an eye out for the animal or animals that were doing this.

So for the rest of the day they went about doing what they do and at night they were all awake, but after a few short minutes past twelve they all drifted off into a deep sleep. In the morning they woke to find they had adapted to their environment.

So for a few years the changes happened until finally we come back to the modern horse and ponies – me. That is how I’m now looking the way I am.

So if it was not for Dawn horse, today there would be no horse or pony who could give you rides and no one would know the horse or ponies existed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!