Fashionable Dreams

‘Tick... Tock’ the large grandfather clock on the wall chimed into the deadly silence. Kayla fiddled impatiently, waiting for the pretty receptionist to call her up. Here she was, following her dreams.... by maybe becoming one of the best fashion designers assistant in the world; hopefully. Today, she was going in to that small room to have a nerve-wracking interview with one of the best designers Kayla had ever heard of.
“Kayla Fitzsimons?” the receptionist asked, peering over from her gorgeous Toshiba laptop. Kayla stood up, and the receptionist smiled politely. “Right this way, Kayla.” She said, being friendly. She led Kayla over to a door that had been firmly locked. Kayla looked at the deadbolt in alarm.
“Oh, don’t worry, sweetie. We just lock it just in case someone tries to kidnap poor Mr Figster.” The receptionist assured. Kayla smiled unsteadily as the receptionist unlocked it. She pushed Kayla inside gently, assuring. There, in the middle of the room, sat Mr Figster, Kayla’s idol of the fashion world.
Kayla stepped forward nervously to hand Mr Figster her application she had made up two nights ago. Mr Figster gestured to the seat, obviously telling her to sit down inaudibly. She sat down cautiously as Mr Figster’s eye’s swept across the pure white pieces of paper. After a few minutes he put it down, looking satisfied.
“Now, Kayla. Why would you like to become one of my assistants?” Mr Figster asked. Kayla started explaining why at first uncertainly, but then she became more comfortable, expressing her style and favourite fashion designs. Half an hour later, they were joking around, but being serious when they asked questions.
“Okay, then Kayla! You may go now.” Mr Figster smiled. Kayla said goodbye, and at that moment another girl stepped in with the receptionist. The receptionist smiled and took Kayla back down the corridor to the front desk. She quickly collected details, then said goodbye to Kayla. Kayla went out the door, her hopes and chances high.
Midday on Saturday, Kayla received a phone call from the friendly receptionist.
“Hello, Kayla. This is Mr Figster’s receptionist, here to tell you that you’ve won the place of his assistant. A limousine is coming to pick you up to take you to the airport. You’ll be flying on a private jet with Mr Figster himself, and then staying at a 5 star Hotel in Los Angles. Being a private jet, you can take as long as you want packing all your possessions. Thank you and you will be reporting to your first job on Wednesday. Goodbye!” She hung up, not even allowing Kayla to get a word in. Kayla didn’t mind. She had a broad smile on her face, to excited for words. She rushed to her room, grabbing a suitcase. She threw all her fashionable clothes into the suitcase. She rushed out the door and into a huge stretch limousine, and sped off into her unknown future. Kayla grinned at the thought of following her dreams.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!