A Day At Camp

I was playing around with my compass in frustration on an Autumn afternoon which resembled a hot summer morning. Cate droned on about how you must twist your compass around as slowly as Pluto trying to orbit the Sun that is if Pluto could talk.'Demonstration'. I heard the last word and I jumped up as if I had never jumped before.

We dashed over like dumb dogs digging for fake bones in the backyard. After we heard the bearings and how far to go, we ran off like headless chickens in all different directions. I seemed to have gone about ten metres before I had to jump over a creek, until I heard footsteps of someone barefoot.

I turned around and saw a Cinderella looking figure wearing glammourous glass shoes which looked cracked. In a flash of light, the shoes dropped to the ground and smashed into smithereens before she turned on the red light at her cheeks. That was when a frog with a crown on it's head came out of thin air and landed on the ground and hurried off as if it were late for school.

I can't say that it wasn't an interesting afternoon. Anna got her feet tangled and literally tied around the table while filling her drink bottle up. Frank, held his bow and arrow the wrong way during archery which gave him a quick haircut. Jun dunked his hair into the sand during capture the flag which effected as a yellow hair dye. There is no proof, but I still think the frog was some sort of invisible alien which liked to laugh. It was an afternoon that ought to be remembered.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!