Undercover

Wes Granger was playing squash at lunchtime. “Hit the ball Wes,” said his teammates, “you can do it!” But Wes purposefully missed it; He was a spy for the S.P.Y (Spy Professional Yons) and he was highly trained. “I wish I could show them what I can really do.” As he was moving away, he could hear a plane across the school yard. As he approached he saw his brother Nick (also a spy) in a big car-plane.
“Climb aboard, I need to brief you on your mission,” said Nick. Wes climbed aboard. As the plane took off, Nick said, “There has been an enemy spy in HQ and we don’t know who he or she is.” “And Mum says you have to clean the pool.” They flew for about two hours and found a hologram projected bulldozer with a hole under it. They went out of the plane, went into the lift and went down some levels to level 28 into Nick’s laboratory. “Oh, and did I mention, the mastermind will blow this place up in one and a half hours,” said Nick. “Whatever,” said Wes, “anyway, my prime suspect is Nathan Moyler.”
They headed toward the lift and went to Nathan’s laboratory. “Hey, Nathan,” said Wes. “What?” said Nathan. “Can I see your Gooey Blaster?” asked Nick. “We weren’t here for that,” whispered Wes. “Okay, it’s a little gimmick that shoots out acidic glue,” said Nick, sounding proud. At that moment his face turned from a wry smile into a worried frown. “What’s wrong?” asked Wes. Nathan pointed to a little mechanism on the floor. Wes stared at it for a moment and said, “Isn’t that a.........” SPLAT!!! A giant glob of red glue flew across the room and hit the wall. “Ooh, pretty colour,” said Wes. “No time to lose,” said Nick-ignoring Wes-as Nick manoeuvred another blob. Wes grabbed a stray shoe and smashed the weapon into several pieces. Wes said to Nathan, “Find out the person who programmed this!” Nathan grabbed a computer and located the mechanism’s file. After he read who it was, Nathan looked at the screen in disbelief and pointing at it crazily. As Wes looked he shouted, “Hamish!” they ran into the elevator and headed down to level 59.
As they came out of the lift they said, “We’ve found the mastermind!” sounding like the baddie wasn’t Hamish. As Wes moved closer he tackled Mr. Mastermind to the ground and grabbed the bomb from his pocket, 8 minutes before it exploded. So the three good spies ran to the lift as Wes threw the bomb under the desk. They went up the lift and quickly told everyone to get out of HQ. 5 (the bomb), everyone moved out of HQ. 4, Hamish was freaking out (LAUGH). 321.................KABOOM!!! 10 seconds there was dust, and then it was just a burned cornfield (LAUGH). So they boarded their plane, flew home, and........Wes had to clean the pool (LAUGH). THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!