Saving Slinky

I was taking a walk in the forest. Oh, I love taking a walk in the forest. The best bit about it is my magical horse friend Slinky takes me for an adventure. Every time I go onto the highest ledge and call his name, he will come.
When I went on the ledge and called Slinky’s name, he did not come but neighed back calling for help. I climbed a tree and sat on the cloud to see if I could spot Slinky. Slinky was being attacked by the mud monster! I told the cloud to take me to him. I hopped off the cloud and tried to think of an idea to save Slinky. I got distracted when I saw the mud monster making some hamburgers. My mouth dropped wide open and I started drooling. The monster ate one and faced me. He threw one in my mouth. I swallowed. Oh, I loved hamburgers! This is the best one I have ever had. Now that I am not so hungry any more, I can think better.
Just as the mud monster was about to shoot Slinky with his mud gun, I had an idea. I told the cloud to cry. Not just to cry, but to cry with might. Slinky was covered in mud, but it did not matter. It started to rain heavily. The mud monster soaked into the ground and Slinky and I were safe. The rain washed Slinky until all the mud was soaked into the ground, just like the Mud monster. We rushed under a cave for shelter, and happily ate the remainder of hamburgers.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!