I Letter To Him, You Know Who You Are.

It was over before it began. All good things must come to an end, but this ended too soon. I thought we were perfect. It has been said that time heals wounds, but the wounds you have inflicted have yet to be healed. I should be over you, I know… but I’m not. And I don’t know why.

I watched you from afar, noticing you more. Your curly dark brown hair matched your eyes. You were different. Inside, I was burning for you. I wanted to be held in your arms, but I knew that thoughts as such were a waste of time. I kept them anyway. Your laugh, it was adorable. So was your smile.

I never intended anything to happen, although I desired it immensely. People found out that I… liked you. Everything went so quickly. You knew. Everyone knew. I was used to getting what I wanted. I was confident within the walls of my heart, happy. Happiness is a stranger to me now.

You learnt my name. I blushed when I saw you, a deep red crowding my cheeks. The day came when you talked to me. Your voice was like velvet to my ears. You invited me to the movies. That sounds so cheesy, so girly. I fussed about my outfit. I fussed about my hair. All for you.

Everything was going so well. You walked me home once, even though you lived miles away. You asked me questions, endless questions about things that mattered to me. I liked that. You gave the impression that you cared.

I was convinced we'd last forever. Your name never left my thoughts. It was a Tuesday afternoon, walking back from PE. I saw you coming... I tried to act cool, even though I knew I was ridiculously failing. You approached ever so smoothly. You had hurt in your eyes; regret. I knew what was coming before it came. You suggested we "just be friends". We were over, you and I.

When you left me you took a part of my soul. You left me lifeless, and without no apparent emotion. I could cry any and every minute of the day. You moved on, and so did everyone else. I felt weak, vulnerable. The hardest part was when you replaced me. Every girl likes to think shes irreplaceable. You proved me wrong.

Everything was for you. I went to school for you. I smiled for you. I laughed for you. And then you left. I never got the chance to tell you those three words. The words that sum up this entire letter. The words that have been torturing me inside, ripping the remains of my heart apart.

I love you, and I think that is the part that hurts the most.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!