Visions

The sky was a dark red, the stuffy atmosphere was making each step harder to breathe and walk, tall booming trees were surrounding me from the creature only a few miles back. The dark soul was coming closer in inhumane speed the silence was piercing in my ears but that was soon cut off by a woman’s ear screeching scream her voice was like someone’s nails scraping on the blackboard forcing me to cover my ears with my hands. It was coming closer as another victim has fallen from the mysterious soul’s hands. A gasp escaped past my trembling lips as the limp body fell to the ground with a low thump.
The dark shadow stood still, facing the lifeless body, I stared bewildered, half of his face shone pale in the moonlight his yellow cat slitted eyes were in disgust. I stood still thinking: - Was he disgusted of the corpse in front of him? No... From the expression on his face it seemed like more of himself. Questions flooded to my mind, why? Was one of them. More importantly why did I have a sudden urge to comfort him like a younger sibling?
A sudden rush of annoyance filled my mind and nerves, I was confused but full of life, I wanted to run but also stay and examine close attention of this new found creature. I sucked in a big gulp of air and took one step closer I somehow knew that he knew of my presence, his jaw tight and eyes full of hatred... as my left foot stepped into the moonlight. He slowly turned his face towards me, I should have stopped and turned around but I couldn’t could I? He smiled a devious smile I turned and ran for it. Surprisingly and I admit stupidly I wasn’t running out of fear of death but out of irrational shyness. He was following me, gaining ground. I was running faster than I ever had adrenaline pumping ever more into my veins and through. My breath got knocked out of me as the dark creature pounced on me. I expected to hit the hard ground fast, instead I was falling which seemed like forever.
The bright sun shone on my eyes making them a rosy red. I sat up too quickly, “Woa... head rush...” the alarm was somehow on snooze shoot I cursed quietly under my breath I was late for my new school. I keep on having these exotic dreams about the same person, the face seems oh so real, that it felt like I knew him or was going to.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!