King Trap

There once was a king, who one night disappeared into a gem, our job now is to save him…..

We were out side the castle about to attack the gem protectors. They were pulling up the drawbridge trying to defend the castle but we managed to get there just in time. We searched around for ages but we couldn’t find the gem, so the captain said we needed to split up, “you guys go over to the west wing, and everybody else go to East wing, we will find him quicker this way”. We were just about to go our separate ways when Gorl came out of nowhere with some knights but just as Gorl was going to fight me, Clark the dragon jumped in front of me and began fighting him. Just then, more knights came so we had to all stay and help, which meant even longer until we were to find the king.

We successfully defeated the knights and got on with our search of the castle. We were searching for hours.
We were all tired because we had been searching for the gem all night but we knew by we must be close. “Where haven’t we searched”, said the captain, everyone agreed the kings bedroom was the final placed no one had looked. As we reached the bedroom door we realised that we weren’t alone. The evil dragon, who used to be the Kings brother, was also there, so we knew we must have the right place. We had to be careful, we decided to go in one by one, quietly, hoping not to be seen until we were ready to attack. I went in first and quickly realised the dragon was asleep, it was now or never. I looked around for the gem which was laid next to the dragon. I crept towards him, grabbed the gem and ran. When we were safe outside the castle grounds I said the magic spell and the King reappeared.

He was so pleased with our efforts to save him he rewarded us all with our very own magical gem.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!