Fatal Words

His soft warm lips molded perfectly with mine, his strong slender fingers tangled in my hair, releasing it from the hasty pony tail I put up this morning, while pressing my face closer to his in a fierce kiss.
This was so very wrong. And so right.
My race just did not work with his. I was a demon for a reason. Hell doesn’t just condemn people to a life of misery. I had done something unthinkable. And I didn’t deserve someone as perfect as him. He was an angel. He did something right in his life. I basically killed any chance of a happy ending by killing my father, and then making a deal with Satan.
The tip of his finger lightly brushed away a tear that had escaped my eye. He was willing to give up the purity that radiated from him for me. Tears were running freely down my cheeks now. The kiss changed from fierce and hungry to sweet and tender. His hands cupped my cheeks and I knew he was catching my tears.
I would ask how this happened to us, but I already knew. He was my soul mate. He was the one who sent tingles up my spine just by looking at me. He was the one I could talk to with my eyes. He was the one who I could stare at for days on end. He was the one who my heart cried out for. He was an angel. I was a demon.
I knew now that there were more powerful forces at work. I thanked them everyday that I could look at his face for just a few seconds. And everyday, I hated them for putting me in such a situation. I loved him too much and would never ask him to make a deal with Satan. I wanted to keep him as far away from the Head Demon as possible. I loved him too much for anyone’s good and was just not willing to sacrifice the bright light that emitted from his very soul. That was the one price I was not willing to pay.
Those unbelievably soft lips gently prised mine opened. Shocked, my eyes flew open and saw those beautiful golden orbs fixed intently on my hideous black eyes. No, this was wrong. He shouldn’t have to give everything he had just for me. He had earned a rightful place in Heaven and I had my place down in Hell.
I stepped back, shaking my head from the cloudy haze left behind from the kiss.
The hurt from my rejection was clear in his eyes. I took all of my self control not to wrap my arms around his neck to reassure him that it was me. Not him.
He seemed to understand but it didn’t stop him. He walked right up to me again, and the space between us was non-existent.
In a low, clear, melodic… perfect voice, he uttered the fatal words. “I love you.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!