Santa's Evil Elves!

‘Once again a success’, thought the night guard, Matthew, after his hard day’s work at Santa Land. He was the only one there, and was looking very tired. And then, suddenly, there was a shattering noise throughout Santa Land, and a sleigh broke through the glass. A very strange looking elf jumped out of it.

Matthew took one look at the elf and jumped with joy. He began asking the elf a lot of questions about Santa, but the elf pulled out a can of sleepy powder. And suddenly “Snore, Snore!”

These were no average elves. They were EVIL ELVES!

Meanwhile at a forest not far away, a small boy named Hayden who was very poor, and his dog, Billy (who was like a sidekick because of Hayden’s love of superheroes), were searching for food. Little did they know that soon they would have the adventure of their lives.

Back at Santa Land, Matthew was finally awake but had been strapped into a chair with rope. The elves, not realising he was awake, continued to talk about their plan.

“Tonight is Christmas Eve, and all the kids will be disappointed because of the coal we are putting in their sacks. That will get Santa sacked for sure” said an elf.

Matthew knew then he had to escape so that Christmas would be saved.

Back at the forest Hayden heard a rustling noise coming from some nearby leaves. He peeked behind them and a person was there. It was Matthew, who had escaped!

They both screamed in fright and Hayden fell over. Matthew helped him up and they soon became friends. The problem was, Matthew was still really tired and started to doze off while Hayden was talking. He woke up and heard Hayden say ‘…I am a superhero,’ without realising that Hayden had just been describing a dream to him. Matthew was delighted because he needed a superhero, and asked Hayden to help him save Santa from being sacked. Hayden loved Santa and so agreed to help, but Billy growled at the idea of danger.

They returned to Santa Land to search for the evil elves, and found one hiding behind the Christmas tree. Before Matthew could ask Hayden to use his superpowers, they suddenly saw the real Santa’s sleigh through the window!

Santa saw them waving and they explained about the evil elves. He took one look at the hiding elf, and said “These elves are robots and someone must be controlling them! I bet that person is Nasty Pete from Christmas Street, an old foe of mine. He was at Santa school with me. I beat him in the final Santa test and I got the job.”

“So what’s the plan?” asked Hayden. “I bet Pete is inside the guard’s room” said Santa. Together they caught Nasty Pete, and sent him off to the good goblins to become a better person.

Matthew, Hayden and Billy the dog are great friends now, and Santa always gives them extra presents!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!