James Jones: The First Case

From the journal of James Jones, master detective. Date: 31/12/2340
My first case began on the island of Zoolama, home of Power Volcano. I was at the coffee shop buying a snack when suddenly there was the sound of an explosion and then an earthquake. Luckily everyone was okay! I jumped into my car and drove off.
I arrived at the site of the explosion. There was smoke everywhere. I could see someone in the distance. He was chubby, tall and he had an evil grin on his face. He was dragging a man along the road. The prisoner had soot on his face and was screaming his head off.
I held out my grab-hooker. “Let him go!” I roared.
“Okay”, the evil man said. He threw the man at me and I caught him. But Chubby was wearing a teleporter watch! “You won’t find them” he yelled as he disappeared into thin air.
I took the man to my car. ‘Find them....”, he mumbled as he fainted.
I brought him to the hospital. When he awoke I asked about what he said he told me. He said that the Power Volcano’s force field was down, the pieces where in the most dangerous parts of the island and there was only 24 hours ‘til the volcano erupted!
He gave me a map. “Use it”, he croaked. I looked at it. “These are the most dangerous places on the island?”I mocked, looking at the map. “You will need to go now! The pieces got sucked into the space time gap.” croaked the man.
You see, the space time gap was created by 6789 - an enemy detective. He was trying to create a new world. He said that the earth was incomplete so he created the gap. Anyway, the gap portal is summoned only for one purpose: to do evil. I stepped onto the teleporter with my friend John not far behind.
Suddenly I was teleported. I was now in grannies chair!
An old lady walked forward. She whispered, “I am the guardian.” “Of what?” I said. “The object you are seeking!” she roared suddenly!
She turned white, then gooey claws came out of her back. I knew at once she was a shape shifter. Her claws lunged at me. Quickly I ate one bag of Wizz Fizz and ZOOM I was running into the portal at high speed!
Suddenly I saw a part! I grabbed it & faster than you can say “Photobionicze” I was out of there. I ran past grannie.
My phone rang. Quickly I answered it. ““Hi-How-are-you-that’s-great-kinda-busy-bye!” “What ARE you doing James?” said John.
Anyway, I had a group of our friends help me to get the pieces.
“Hurry up and get here!”, I said. I ran to the nearest WiZz Fizz outlet. “Man, these places are everywhere” I said to myself.
After all that I was at home. I built the machine again. The force field went up and there was a feast in honour of me!

By Lachlan Moore, 11 years old, Grade 5, Penrith Christian School.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!