Race To Castle Mountain

It was a dark and foggy day in the year of 1990 as the eye of Mitchell Smith woke up to a grey sky. Straight away he sat on his computer seat. With his eyes half opened and his head dizzy, half-asleep.
He turned on his webcam and said “I’m going to the top of Castle Mountain Don’t try to stop me!” He ended the webcam video and packed his equipment for his quest to the top of the mountain.
Before he reached the top he found the wolves. They looked vicious and hungry, like they haven’t eaten in years. He thought that they had been nice dogs abandoned by their owner but they were not. They bit his skin, eating one leg until he died.
____________________
It was a dark and stormy day, in the year of 2010. Jayden Smith was at school with a pencil on his nose during Handwriting, while Laura Smith was drawing in her handwriting book. The teacher Mr. Bean sent Laura and Jayden to the principal’s office. “It’s all because of your stupid pencil gag.” Laura said. “Me!” “You’re the one who was drawing unicorns in your book!” Jayden said.
As they walked into the office, the principal pressed a button and they both fell downwards a hole. As they fell they saw nothing. It was pitch black. They landed together on a mat, Looking around they saw people looking at them. They said “You have been chosen to reach the top of Castle Mountain and receive the fortune of many famous people like Abraham Lincoln”. “Ok we’ll do it,” said Jayden. Off they went.
They got to the mountain it was a 12,000ft mountain! “Well better start climbing” Jayden said. “Yyyyeah...” Laura said shivering. They started climbing, sleeplessly for 2 weeks till they came across one of the wolves. They needed to think quickly. It was about to bite Laura till she jumped away from the wolf, and Jayden kicked the wolf off.
“Jayden!" “What did you do that for?” Laura asked “Well I had too - it was going to kill us!” Jayden exclaimed. “Well guess it’s too late for that doggy...” Laura said with a sigh. They climbed till they reached the top of the mountain!
“Finally!” Jayden said. Laura said nothing. “Jayden it’s not over yet” Laura said. “Why? We made it to the top?” Jayden said. “Look!” Laura exclaimed. The wolves were back! “Jayden please don’t kick them off” Laura said. “Too late...” Jayden said He already kicked them all off.
“Look! I found a key” Laura said with excitement. “Good now we need to find a key hole...” Jayden said. “Found it!” Laura said. “Well that was easy!” Jayden said. They put the key in and turned it. Inside there were golden statues everywhere. Jayden opened one, finding gold from Abraham Lincoln.
They took the gold and ran out of the mountain, heading home. It took days, but they made it home rich and famous.

By Jaden Blanco, 10 years, Grade 4, Penrith Christian School.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!