Haunted House

In a spooky mansion lived a young orphan girl, Emma, and her shaggy dog, Jack. Emma was up late at night watching a horror movie about an orphan girl that lived in a haunted house. Emma became petrified and full of fear, so she turned off the movie and went straight to bed.
Suddenly Emma was woken by the grandfather clock striking midnight. She got up and tiptoed to the kitchen, where an unknown noise was coming from. Her heart was racing as she slowly opened the kitchen door.
Emma turned the handle. The door made creaking noises as she opened it. Emma walked into the kitchen and saw a mysterious glow coming from the cupboard. She opened it. A glowing light appeared - an absolutely, horrifying ghost!
The ghost started to float towards Emma, who let out a massive scream as she ran into the loungeroom. She hid behind the old, dusty piano. Suddenly a huge monster appeared with teeth like sharp knives. Emma got up, to run to a place she knew would be safe. She had nowhere to hide! Emma bolted into her bedroom and hid inside her closet. After some time she couldn’t hear the ghosts hollering anymore, so she stepped out of the closet checking around for any ghosts. Emma crept down the stairs and saw Jack her dog. Emma saw that her dog had eyes green like an emerald, and teeth sharp like razors. He was no longer a dog, but a zombie!
Emma had to run or get eaten. She ran and hid under the bed, waiting.
Suddenly a goblin appeared! The goblin had buck teeth, with a ripped shirt. He was coming for Emma! She quickly rolled out from the bed while the goblin rolled under the bed. Emma escaped but the goblin was stuck!
Emma ran downstairs but came face to face with another ghost.
Emma ran so fast, that she tripped over a computer cord, which she hadn’t seen. The ghosts were coming! What could she do? She got up and slowly backed away, trying to stall the ghost. Suddenly Emma fell into space. She saw a world full of haunted houses! She had to get back home! So she began the journey...
Along the way she faced many monsters but unfortunately she didn’t win, Emma was taken to the dungeon to be their prisoner or even be their lunch! Emma was desperate to get out.
She felt something furry next to her. It was Jack and he wasn’t a zombie. “The zombie was disguised as my dog”, Emma thought. Jack somehow is able to take us back
Emma held tightly to Jack’s collar and he took them back. Emma was so amazed!
Then she ran to her bed and hid under the sheet. All the ghost were coming for her again. Emma’s heart was pounding. They grabbed her!
Then she woke up. It was only a dream! She promised herself to never watch horror movies again!

By Lara Tolomeo, 10 years, Grade 4, Penrith Christian School.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!