Magical

One hot sunny day there was a girl called Lilly and her sister Paige who went down to the lake to have a picnic. After they had eaten, Lilly felt very tired so she sat down by the tree. When she woke up she wasn’t by the lake with her sister she was somewhere else. A girl walked up to her and asked “Are you ok?” “I’m fine thank you” replied Lilly. “Hi, my name is Zoey and welcome to Summer Bay. Do you want me to show you around?”. “Sure” said Lilly. “Well, first I should tell you that Summer Bay is magical. What I mean is that we have weird things like when it rains it rains apple juice and we have pets that are called furs and heaps more things that are weird about Summer Bay” explained Zoey. Finally winter came and Lilly was missing her family. She asked Zoey how to get home. “Well, myself and my family came here when I was only a baby and we actually like living here but I guess living without your family is hard. The only way to go back to where you came from is to defeat the Witch of Summer Bay. She’s the one who brings us here” said Zoey. So the next day Lilly got ready to go to Prunella Hill in Summer Bay. She stopped to have a snack from the tree and then the Witch came out and saw her and said “How dare you take fruit from my tree, now you must be locked here forever.” After two weeks the Witch came back with a knife but Lilly was ready. As soon as the witch came in she charged towards the witch and pushed her out of the tower window and the witch died and then all of a sudden a green light covered Lilly and she woke up, to her sister Paige shaking her awake. “Lilly, Lilly can we go home?” “Ok Paige” said Lilly. As they started to walk home Lilly thought about her day, about Zoey and the Witch but mostly about what a magical day she had.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!