Danger On The Track

The sound of thundering hooves came from the group of horses. Aboard the most popular horse, Fleet Goddess, jockey Samantha Gooding was riding around the track. It was the Melbourne cup and pressure was on. The crowd was roaring with support and cheering but it couldn’t be heard from Samantha’s point of view. It was all depending on Fleet Goddess now, if she had enough energy to gallop flat chat from the last bend or just save her energy till just before the finish. It looked like Fleet Goddess had already made up her mind; she raced forward pushing off from the bend. Samantha felt the powerful creature under her startle and pull away from the track heading for the rail on the outside. With all her might Samantha pulled to turn Fleet Goddess away from the rail, but the filly wouldn’t turn. Samantha prayed that the crowd outside the rail would realise what’s happening and move, because Fleet Goddess would have to jump it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!