You Mightn't Be Ready Yet!

YOU MIGHTN’T BE READY YET!

As she gently ripped open the envelope, her eyes sparkled, discovering that there would be no more secrets. She would no longer wait for her true love to finally reach out and express his true emotions for her. As she wept with happiness, several things passed through her mind. Taking his hand in marriage is a huge step, so what if I don’t be cautious of the possibilities in a relationship? What will happen? Will I fail? The worries wouldn’t go away.

But as the joyous moment continued, there was a sudden knock at the door. The unhelpful worries finally disappeared but not for long. Slowly opening the door, shaking with fear and not knowing what to expect, she finally realised that she was about to be taking the biggest step she had ever taken before.

A young handsome man carefully placed a beautiful red rose into the arms of his true love. She quickly put on a show of happiness, but deep down she was hiding her sadness. “It’s lovely”, she gently said. “Jasmin, you don’t seem happy”, the man curiously said. “Daniel, I’m fine, don’t worry about me”, Jasmin demanded. “No, please tell me, I need to know”, Daniel pleaded. “Listen, if we’re going to take a step further in this relationship, there are things we need to know about each other”.

Jasmin led him into the house and explained that she might not be ready to change her life. Daniel listened, but did not go hot with anger. Jasmin was finally notified that he understood and he helplessly left. Jasmin felt hopeless, but was glad to not be hiding anything. She felt as if she had bullied a younger kid and left him there crying.

She opened the door and sadly walked to the letterbox. There was a letter that read: “Dear Jasmin”. Jasmin slowly opened the envelope. As she unfolded it, she felt that this was going to be an inspirational letter. But after she read it, she noticed it certainly was not. Her heart dropped and she felt a sick feeling in her stomach. She’d just ended a nightmare, but now she was about to begin one. She scrunched up the letter and angrily threw it onto the ground. As she stomped back into the house, she thought “I’ve just had a stressful moment telling someone I’m not ready, and now I have another secret admirer!” A few minutes passed by, and there was another knock at the door. Jasmine clung to her seat, not wanting to go to the door. But something made her. Jasmin opened the door, and a young handsome man handed her a red rose. Oh no! Not another one!




Author: Rebekah Large
Age 9
7 Palm Springs Avenue
Glenning Valley NSW 2261
Year 4 Chittaway Bay Public School


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!