Under The Sea.


I was swimming around the great big blue ocean with my school on our excursion to the coral reefs. We had been well prepared with safety lessons and even life jackets to float with encase a disaster might occur but nothing could of prepared us for this.

I can even recall the date, it was April 15th in the year 1912 a lot of my fishy friends saw there life flash before their eyes. We were following our teacher Miss Magic around and also being extremely cautious and safe to ensure we all went home in one piece with a smile on our dial. We had just stopped to look at an extremely colourful piece of coral when we decided that it was time to stop the rumbling tummies, Miss Magic blew the whistle which meant it was lunchtime. We all sat on one big rock while Miss Magic read us a book.

We were halfway through and we were all excited about what was going to happen next when we were disturbed by a loud CRASH! It made us all jump in fear. We all panicked despite the many lessons we had been taught which all stated that the worst thing to do was panic but lessons in a class room and it actually happening was an entirely different thing. We stayed there like stunned mullets.

That was a big mistake, by the time we awoke from our fright to try and take action it was to late a huge, monstrous boat was about to sink, squashing all of us in seconds. Luckily I was an extremely quick swimmer and I escaped, but most of my friends weren’t so lucky, their lives came to an abrupt end, they still lay there as flat as a tack on that rock.

Till this day I have never come out of my coral home to face the big blue ocean where sharks, big fish, fishing nets and lines but my biggest fear are massive boats which feel like they haunt me, every time I close my eyes and lay myself on my sandy pillow I get an awful nightmare of the day when my life turned around. I am not always alone though some of my friends that weren’t squashed come and visit me and we have a cup of sea water and talk about things and sometimes even play some games inside my coral house.

Later on I read in the Daily Fish News that some humans also lay on the bottom of the deep sea. Humans discovered that the boats name was Titanic and to this day which is the 15th of July 1998 they still remember that day for humans but down here it is a whole hour of silence and we all wear black to remember all those fish up in heaven.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!