A Crazy Adventure

A CRAZY ADVENTURE
Anna and Teagan were getting tired of sitting around on their deck chairs soaking up the sun. “I want to go to Italy” screamed Teagan. ‘’Lucky for you 4 more nights and you’ll be there’’ said Anna trying to calm Teagan down.
While Teagan and Anna were arguing the sun disappeared and the clouds boomed in. “A thunder storm is coming” screeched Teagan. ‘’Pardon’’, said Anna. “A thunder storm is coming!!” repeated Teagan “It’s just some clouds,” Anna said calmly, ‘’No it’s not, look at the lightning over there!!’’
Shortly after, the clouds were right above them, the waves were rocking, the thunder was booming. We’ll be lucky if we get out of here alive. Suddenly they saw huge waves about 5 metres high coming straight towards them. Ahhh help us, mayday mayday but it was too late, the wave had just hit the boat, they grabbed each other’s hand and held their breath.
The next thing they knew they were lying on golden sand surrounded by a group of young children. ‘’Who are you what are your names where do you come from’’ said the children I am Anna and I am Teagan. My name is Treelong said a girl with black curly hair
Where are we? said Anna sitting up you are in Taiwan
How far away that is from Italy exactly? said Teagan. What is that Italy you speak of? said Treelong?.
Oh never mind, said Anna giving Teagan a glance that Teagan knew very very well. Are you hungry because you can come to dinner. We are having scorpion kebabs. ‘’I think I will pass said Teagan what else do you have something that does not have scorpions in it please’’ the children left but soon returned with bags of fruit and biscuits what are they said Anna pointing to a green biscuit, basil biscuits said Treelong they all dug in.
After they had all finished they decided to go for a swim in the lovely, cool ,blue sparkling water. They all dived in and felt so refreshed that they didn’t want to get out when the time came to go to bed. Where are we going to sleep? asked Anna and Teagan? You can sleep next to me said Treelong.
They walked through the palm trees and then came to a stop. Here we are said Treelong in a merry voice, there is nothing here said Teagan. Yes there is, can’t you see the beds? As Treelong answered she was digging 2 holes next to her hole where we would all sleep tonight. So they all hopped into the holes and drifted slowly into a deep sleep.
When morning came they were awoken by the bright sunlight coming through the little window of their boat. Where am I? said Teagan out loud, she ran over to Anna’s bed. Anna was shocked by the big fuss that Teagan was making. What’s wrong said Anna, where are we, when we went to sleep last night we were in Taiwan. No you fell asleep in the deck chair and I had to carry you to bed, it must have all been a dream.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!