Dawn In The Dessert

“No, stop, don’t push her of the cliff!” yells Amy with panic. “ What are you doing?” Amy screams. The evil Count Mollan was pushing Jen of a cliff. Amy ran towards Count Mollan, she kicked him hard on his leg this made him stumble onto the hard surface. ”Few!” sighed Jen with relief. “ We should better get going.” Replied Amy. So they walked along the windy dessert of Northern Australia. They were searching for their mum and dad who got separated from their beloved daughters when Jen and Amy were born. Amy and Jen escaped from the adoption centre to find their mum and dad. Amy and Jen are names that are English and they never knew what their aboriginal names were, also they could only speak English. As dawn came they got really tired and found a cool shelter under a tree. They found some big, dry leaves and used them for a bed. Their acorn colour hair was full of twigs and dust which
make it really hard to lie down.” Goodnight, Jen, I know that we will find our parents. I promise.” said Amy softly. “Goodnight.” said Jen smiling. The next day they set off again. Then they came across a small but deep river. As they started drinking thirstily, none of them heard the rustle behind them. Then they felt fingers on their neck. SPLASH! Count Mollan pushed both Amy and Jen into the lake. ”Not him again.” Moaned Jen in the water. “ Come on Amy! There is a rock which we can hold on to.” Suggested Jen. They both swam swiftly towards the rock and clung onto it tightly.” Next time I’ll get you.” Yelled Count Mollan. When they kept on walking they saw sand huts. They ran towards it. “ Those are our daughters.” Yelled the four aborigines. “ Come to us! “ yelled the female. Jen and Amy ran towards them and hugged each other with delight. “ I told you we would find them!” said Amy. Jen just grinned with joy. Meanwhile Count Mollan was walking back to find shelter when he saw a thick snake. No, no thought Count Mollan. SWISH!! He got bitten and that was the end of Count Mollan.Well from that day on Amy neither Jen ever saw Count Mollan again.


By Vihangi Gunasekara

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!