I Never Thought It Would End Like This

I never thought it would end like this...It was only a month ago that I was in high school, my world was brilliant. I had beautiful friends, a boyfriend who loved me and a great family. But that all changed on September 5th, 2008.

It started off as a normal day, I had a shower and went to go and eat breakfast. I found mum in the kitchen cooking pancakes she said, “I have a surprise, the family is having a reunion today at the beach”. I sat at the table stunned by what mum had told me. She saw my reaction and continued, “We are catching the bus at 11:00, it will take us to the beach. So you better get ready soon its 9:45”. I was so excited I hadn’t seen some of my relatives for years.

I went into my sister Lindsay’s room and woke her up; I explained what we were doing today and went to get dressed. That is where I saw the beautiful blue silk dress, which I had been wanting for weeks. I yelled to mum, “Mum did you buy me this dress”. Mum replied “Why don’t you like it”. I yelled back “I love it thank you so much, I don’t think this day could get any better”.

I was finally ready to go and walked down stairs, all set for a great day. Mum was sitting in the lounge room, brushing Lindsay’s hair. They both looked beautiful; if only Dad was around to see them.

We went and caught the bus to South’s Beach. We were nearly at the beach when I heard a screech as loud as a horn. I looked out the window at the world passing by in a blur. We must have been going over 120km. I heard the bus driver yell “Hold on, the brakes have failed”. I started screaming. Mum turned to me and said it would be OK. The bus swerved suddenly and then everything went black.

I woke up in hospital to find a needle in my arm and Mum lying in the bed next to me. I tried to scream, but nothing came out. I then attempted to reach out to Mum, but my whole body ached. The doctor came in and told me about my broken arm and that Mum had a broken leg. What about my sister Lindsay? I asked.That’s when he went quiet. “She is dead”, he whispered softly.
I never thought it would end like this.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!