Old Diaries: Forbidden Wood

Old Diaries: Forbidden Wood
By Phoeby Chapman

If you think you know scary, you are wrong. Well it all started in 1857 when my great-great grandmother applied for a job. She wanted something exiting so she got a job to discover things people had never seen before. But words can’t describe what she found. She found it in 1858. Her teacher got sick of her so he sent her off to find something herself.

About three weeks later she saw something, it looked like three boys about 18-20 years old. They were about the same age as my great-great grandma.

The oldest one said “hi”.

So they started walking until they saw a giant wood about 300056789 metres long. One kid was 18 and he walked in, so the rest walked in to get him but all of a sudden there was no exit.

“But there was just an exit there!” said my great-great grandma.

They slept there for days and then she saw something. It was a wolf with a stripe was on its collar. It was actually quite friendly so they kept him. About a month later they found a tunnel to the centre of the earth.

Soon they found out it was actually a tunnel to an underground city. They went under and everyone was frozen.

“WOW!” said the oldest boy.

It was weird because it started to rain and all the rain was freezing in mid-air. Then the oldest started disappearing so they got out of the tunnel as soon as possible.

“I’m glad that’s over” said the oldest. “What will we do next?” he said.

“GO!!” my great-great grandma said.

“I know we can climb a tree to get out” said the youngest.

And you know what? It actually worked!
My great-great grandma only found small things from then on.

P.S. Did I tell you about her uncle...?

To be continued......

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!