Heather Kingston Or The Haunted Tunnel

It was in the year 1906, on the fourth of May when Heather Kingston died and this is her mysterious story
One night, Heather Kingston, aged fourteen, heard strange noises coming from the train tunnel where she lived nearby. She went to explore and was never heard of again. Until one night on the same day, a ten year old girl was mysteriously murdered and all that was left of her was a pile of blood stained clothes, a few strands of her hair and her soul.
Fifty years later another ten year old girl was killed and this is her story: In St. Heather’s Primary, a school next to the haunted tunnel, there was a girl named Monica, a year four student. “Do you know what the date today is?” asked Jasmine.”Yeah, the fourth of May.” replied Monica. Monica and Jasmine were the best of friends. “Do you know that tonight at midnight- Heather Kingston will come back from the grave and kills one of us”, Jasmine said in a solemn voice. “Who in the world would believe that load of junk!” yelled Monica.
“I’m not lying, and do keep your voice down, people are starting to look suspicious!” snapped Jazz.
“The whole story itself is hard to believe. I’ve heard that trains go into the tunnel but they don’t come out.” Monica replied.
“Are you going to go in the tunnel or not then?” Jasmine queried.
“Who ever said anything about going in the tunnel!?” Monica cried.
“I dare you to go into the tunnel tonight. If you win, you get ten dollars every week until the end of the year. So are you up for it.” Jasmine insisted.
“Look! I’ll only do it if you come with me.”
So the girls made a deal as they ate their snacks until the bell rang, to go into to class.
After school, Monica rushed home, ate a snack and packed her bag with necessities. She read in her room for a while. Finally went to bed at 8:00pm exactly to make sure that she didn’t get tired whilst ghost busting, as she called it. Next she set her alarm to midnight and waited until she fell asleep.
Monica then heard her piercing watch alarm go off. She got her parker, her beanie and grabbed her bag then took off. She met Jasmine outside her house and slowly and carefully walked over to the entrance of the tunnel and hesitated for a moment before going in.” Are you scared?” asked Jasmine shakily” Yeah.” Monica replied “how about you?” her teeth chattering from the cold.
“Yes it’s a yes!” Jazz replied sharply.
So into the tunnel they vanished, making sure that they tiptoed every step of the way. Soon ghostly mists started to fill the whole tunnel and they could hear sad moans and the screaming of a girl, they tried to see who it was but it was all too foggy to see anything. Finally the mist cleared and everything was back to normal again, Right? Wrong only one off the girls came out and that girl was Jasmine. The other girl, Monica, had been captured by the dreaded Heather Kingston and now she too haunts the tunnel. So beware of the dreaded ghosts and let this be a lesson to you:
Do not let children go out at night or they may end up getting a terrible fright. Beware,
beware the tunnel of gloom, none go out but many go in to meet their doom.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!