The 2010 Basketball Grand Final

“Ok folks, were here today at Sabres Stadium to bring you the 2010 grand final. This will be a cracker,” shouted the commentators Bill and Bob. “They are underway with a great trow from the Sharks, but intercepted by Harry and gives a great pass to Tom, at the halfway mark, Oh, what’s this he’s done a backwards halfway shot, IT’S IN and three points to Sabres. This is already a great game, Sharks have it though and snag a quick goal, Sharks trail by one and call a time-out.”

“Their back on and Sam takes it out of the middle and passes to Ben, Ben fakes the throw, throws at Sharks back pulls his pants down and has a shot from the ground and he scores a ripper.” “Sharks come down and slam dunks a great goal. Sabres throw it out and what it’s intercepted and Sharks score again Sabres do another throw and dribble down to Sam and Sam take the opportunity too slam dunk and he does. Once again Sharks score another goal which puts them in front. Its half time and the score is 7, 8 Sharks leading.”

“There all back on the court and Ben gets the tap to Tom who passes to Jem, Jem sneaks it to Jay, JAY TAKES A SPECKEY AND SLAM DUNKS IT IN! This is great I can’t wait for more. Sharks snag two goals. Sabres throw out and Ben dribbles down the court and has a shot, it hits the back board and Tom and Jem slam dunk it together and score. The scores are 11,12 Sharks up. Sharks throw out and dribble up and score. Sam throws out to Harry and Harry takes everyone on, spins around the star player, has a shot and score! Sharks throw out and BANG! Jays been a bit rough and the Sharks get two shots.”
The crowd chant meanly saying “what are you talking about that’s not a foul.”
“The crowd are going crazy. Sharks have there first shot and its in, one point to Sharks. They have there second shot and they miss, Jeremy grabs the ball and dribble down and he stops at the three point line and has a shot. HE SCORES! Sabres win the grand final, and there running to the cheerleaders and slide under there skirts. Oh they must like that. What’s this, Sam has slid under an old grandma’s skirt. How unlucky. The crowd go nuts and run on the field.
This has been a great game folks, thanks for watching and listing at the Sabres stadium. Good night and goodbye”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!