Jack The Blowfly

Jack the blowfly
On a very hot day in Australia a very fat and adventurous blowfly named Jack was watching television when he saw an advertisment saying. “Next week there will be a show in Africa; there will be elephants on sticks, clowns telling jokes and acrobats doing amazing stunts! Be there at 2.00 PM tickets only at the airport!”

So the next day Jack the blowfly quickly ran to the airport and grabbed a ticket and went back home for a nap getting ready for the big day. I guess you’re wondering why he couldn’t just fly over to Africa? Well a couple of years ago he was happily flying when a cat jumped out and started playing with him and you don’t want to hear the rest but that’s how he lost his wings and so he can’t fly any more and that’s pretty sad but lets get back to the story now.

After he had his nap he realised that he had slept for five days in a row and only had two days left until the show, so he quickly ran to the airport and gave the manager his ticket so he could get on the plane to Africa to see the show. “HOORAY” yelled jack when he got on because he was so happy that he was finally going to see the show but was also worried that it would be a one hour flight to Africa so he decided to take another nap.

The next day Jack quickly got off the plane, but on his way he saw a tent that was sparkling with colours of yellow and red. Jack decided to go into the tent to see what was going on, so he went in. As soon as he went in he saw the manager his name was Mr Dung beetle. “Hi Mr Dung beetle why are you here it’s a day early?” “Well, I have to practice for the show its going to be big.” But Mr Dung beetle wasn’t practicing he was making the string of the tent loose hoping that it would fall on all of the bugs squashing them into a squishy yummy mess. Jack the blowfly would make a great dessert.

That night Jack couldn’t sleep because he was so excited about the show but after a pretty long time he finally did. When Jack woke up he realised that there was only five minutes until the show started, so he quickly ran to the show as fast as he could. When he got there the show the show had just started. “Welcome everyone thankyou for coming, we will start our show with our fantastic clown telling jokes, then the amazing elephants balancing on sticks, then for the last bit of entertainment our acrobatics doing exciting stunts, now enjoy our show.” But when As Mr Dung beetle left the stage he let go of the string holding up the tent and the whole tent fell not on the audience but backwards onto Mr Dung beetle squashing him flat. Jack Blow fly couldn’t be seen anywhere until a very helpful fire ant heard a grumbling coming from the other side of the fallen tent. There was Jack the blowfly grumbling and mumbling but still breathing.

He was fine, but the next day thought to himself. “It wasn’t worth coming and the only good thing about the trip are these lovely shiny new wings I found beside the tent. They look just like the ones that Mr. Dung beetle was wearing. I’m never going to come back to Africa again and flew back to Australia on his shiny new wings. THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!