Heat Of The Battle

HEAT OF THE BATTLE

As the warm sun rose on a cold winters morning, a pack of Spinosaurus faced their large sails towards the warm sun. Spinosaurus looked a lot like T-rex it was a theropod, walked on two legs, ate meat, both lived in the Cretaceous period and were really huge. It had been two days since they last ate. You are a small Hypsilophodontid (Gazelle Dinosaur) you look like one of them but are smaller, have no sail and eat plants. You are hiding under a rib cage of another dinosaur, under allot of ferns , next to 12 bulky Spinosaurus eggs.

Some of the pack move away to get a meal, so you sprint in the blink of an eye to some rocks with moss on, and start to gnaw some moss and grate some off with an egg shell and bolt as fast as lightning to the small water hole and have a drink. Looking around you see and even deeper eggshell and use it to scoop up some more water.
With the eggshell filled with water you quickly run back, dodging rocks, returning to your place under the ferns. You notice that three baby Ouranosurus were in the jaws of 3 of the Spinosaurus. As they are feasting a rival male Spinosaurus arrives and starts trouble. The leader of the pack starts flashing blood into his sail to warn the rival male off but the rival is not worried and starts to approach with his deadly jaws open.
The pack leader charges but the rival jumps away and turns around and bites him on the neck. With the sun beating down the battle heats up. The pack leader slashes the rival with his long claws, drawing blood and the rival falls down and breaks his neck. The pack seeing the rival fall start to approach and feast.
A female Spinosaurus looking for a place to lay her eggs spots the nest where you are hiding as opens up her jaws to crush the eggs already laid by another. She spots you and switches her attack to you. The last thing you hear is a roar and the last thing you see is terrifying sight of her open jaws…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!