Tears And Angels

The beeping of my alarm woke me from my dreams and I lifted my arm and smashed it back down onto the clock, effectively silencing it. I groaned and stretched then slipped out from underneath the covers of my bed before leaning against the frame and hoisting myself into a standing position. I rubbed my eyes sleepily and then proceeded to search the wide stretch of clothes on the floor for my school uniform. After discovering it poking out from underneath my bed I put it on as best as I could in my unstable condition. By the time I was finished I was awake enough to brush my hair into two low pigtails and tie it with ribbons. With one final check in the mirror, I swept from the room and half stumbled down the stairs.
As you could probably tell by now I was never really a morning person. I was never really a school person either, so far I hadn’t managed to make many friends, in other words I didn’t have any. I thought about this as I crept down the hall to the kitchen. I wonder what it’s like to have friends. Someone that cares for you even though they’re not family… I had always wished for someone to come and save me from my loneliness.
I pushed the thoughts from my head and tried to be happy. I smiled trying to be positive and grabbed a piece of toast before rushing out the door pulling my school bag behind me.
When I was nearly halfway there raindrops started to fall, faster and heavier by the minute. It was too heavy to walk in so I took shelter under a nearby tree. I hadn’t brought an umbrella; I guess I was going to be stuck here. Not long after thinking that, I heard footsteps. They were getting closer and I shivered at the thought of who it might be. I didn’t have to wait long; he appeared out of the mist like in some creepy movie. About 15, tall, blonde spiky hair and bright crystal blue eyes framed in a perfect face. He would be one of the popular students at my school. But even though he was wearing the uniform, I was sure I had never seen him before.
“Hurry up, idiot,” he said in a confident voice.
“Who are you calling idiot?!” I screamed at him.
“Come on, let’s go,” he said sighing. And that was about the point when he pulled me through the rain all the way to school without me even uttering a word the whole time.
When we arrived at the school I pulled away from him. His eyes widened before he smiled. I turned around and walked towards my classroom, but as I reached it and turned the handle an arm wrapped around my shoulder.
“I won’t ever let you go, my angel.” A tear traced its way down my cheek; this was the person I had wished for.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!