That Day

Before I could stop it, it was happening. The yelling, the screaming, the slamming of doors. Too young to understand, too young to know what was about to go on. I know now what happened that day. But I will never forget feeling scared, lonely and wanting to hide in a corner.

My sister held me close and told me it was okay. Seeing my parents like that scared me. After all I was only little, about six or seven. At the time I didn’t know that they were scared too, knowing their little girls were watching. I was also confused. Why, why were they fighting, yelling nasty words I never wanted to repeat? Seeing the pain, feeling the pain, knowing the pain that they were feeling.

I remember that day so well it haunts me. Seeing the way they looked at each other, not knowing whether it was pain, anger or frustration. I thought it was me. I thought I was the reason for this. But now I know they just weren’t meant to be.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!