Raging Bush Fires Mallanganee

Yesterday evening Mallanganee town ship was under serious threat of being engulfed by an out of control bush fire. The bush fire was heading in the direct path of the village around 4:00pm.
Mr. Bob Woodward head of the local fire brigade was alerted about the fire around 2:30pm, by one of the local residents of Mallanganee Mrs. Beryl Gramsly, who had seen a passing motorist throw a cigarette out their car window.
The cigarette had ignited the crisp and dry grass along side the Bruxner Highway, 2.5km west of the small village.
The raging red hot flames roared along in the rushing strong winds. The flames were heading towards a house opposite the Culmaran Creek Rd turn off. Luckily the Tabulam and Drake Fire Brigade had the area under control just before it reached the old weatherboard home of the Duncan family. Mrs. Duncan said “My family is so grateful that the house is still standing, and thanked all the locals who helped put out the fire and save our home.”
The fire was contained around 7:00pm. Luckily there was not too much damage done to the small township of Mallanganee, and no one was injured.
By Anna Summers

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!