Unfortunate Hope


BANG! I woke up in a fright. I got out of my bed and started searching for my spectacles. Eventually, I found it on my bedside drawers. I glanced at my clock hanging up on the decorated wall and realised that it was too early to be awake. Gradually, I opened the rusty door being carful not to wake up my restless family. As I eventually opened the door, I crept down the lengthen stairs knowing that the last step is creaky. Entering the lounge room and sitting on a comfy chair while watching TV, I suddenly heard a resounding bang. “Strange…”I mumbled to myself. I glanced around the cosy room in caution, realising it was my imagination.
After several minutes of watching TV, there was another bang. I suddenly got really scared that I decided to investigate the loud bang. I decided to start the backyard as the noise was coming from. Just as I opened the back door, I saw my best friend, Kelso, lying on the moist grass like a statue. I rushed towards Kelso and kneeling down trying to revive him.
Seeing that his eyes were staring to the dull sky, I slowly looked up to see an unknown figure standing in front of the oak tree with a rifle. Kelso’s eyes were not blinking or moving. I started to get the creeps. It looked like someone had sucked out his soul. I then lifted my head to look at the figure that killed my friend but he disappeared. Blood became coming out from his wounds and coming on my hands. “Why? Why did this got to happened!?” I cried to the sky. My face was dripping with tears like it was raining. The rest of my family came out onto the backyard and began to cry about the death of our family’s friend. Their tears were flooding the pavement and they felt sorrow.
On that day on, I promised to my best friend, Kelso, that I would find the murderer who killed my only friend and punish him or her! As it would be revenge for murdering Kelso!

By Andy Chiem
Picnic Point Public School
Grade 5

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!