New Friends.

“Score!” shouted Libby as she scored the winning goal in her first soccer game! Libby was a 16 year old girl with brown hair and blue eyes. Libby loved being outside in the fresh air.
In the crowd sat a 15 year old girl with blonde hair and brown eyes called Britney. After the game, Libby caught up to Britney and asked her why she was upset. Britney explained that she liked soccer, but she didn’t know how to play.
A few days later as the girls were on their way to school at Eastside High, they found out they lived on the same street. They continued walking to school together talking about how much they loved soccer. As they were chatting, Libby suggested that Britney should come along to soccer practice tomorrow night. Britney thought that was a great idea and said yes straight away. As they got to school they headed off to their classes all excited.
The following night at soccer practice Britney was very eager to play in her first game. The coach took Britney aside to give her some one-on-one training time to see if she was ready to play in the game on Saturday.
The day was finally here and everyone was just as nervous as Britney was. The crowd cheered as the players were getting ready, everyone was excited. From the loud speaker they heard, “It’s time to start!” Libby and Britney’s team were the Eastside Eagles. Their uniform, a blue and white striped shirt and shorts with an eagle across the front, shin pads and white knee high socks, looked really professional as they ran across the field.
They all got into position to start and the game began. Britney passed the ball to Libby and she scored for the Eastside Eagles the crowd went wild! The opposing team were the Northside Dogs. The Eagles were hoping that this was their chance to defeat the Dogs! At half time they were all tired, it was a tough game! The Eagle’s coach gathered them together for a pep talk. He told them to give it their all. They all put their hands together and shouted “Gooooooooooo Eagles!” As they ran back onto the field they all felt more determined to win than ever before.
At the end of the game they heard, “Now let’s announce the winners. The Northside Dogs with two points,” The crowed clapped. “And the Eastside Eagles with five points! I think we have a winner Ladies and Gentlemen … the Eastside Eagles!” The crowd whistled and cheered.
“You played good out there today.” Libby said to Britney. “So did you, great goal!” said Britney. They both laughed, as they headed home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!