Odd One Out

Marc moved to Australia last year in September. He wasn’t really welcome in school, he had no friends, and barely anyone would talk to him, he sometimes sat with the smarter kids and even they gave him a hard time. Marc was the only Indonesian boy in school; in fact he was the only non-Australian boy in school.
Marc got bullied a lot and most times he could take it, but when Jeremy Michaels, the leader of the school bullies group, gave him a hard time, Marc lost it, he would go absolutely spastic. Marc would have his little session of being angry, and then calm down, and usually after that, he would cry and run away to somewhere, where no one could see him.
Today, Marc felt a certain urge to get even with Jeremy, it wasn’t a good thing to do, but Marc just wanted Jeremy to stop. Marc showed up in the eatery with his light blue shirt, his dark blue pants, his blue and white striped tie and his dark blue bucket hat. He was ready to rumble.
‘Hey Marc.’ Jeremy said.
‘I want you to leave me alone Jeremy!’
‘Hmmm, i don’t think i will Marc, because, it doesn’t work like that, I’m not going to stop.’
Jeremy then grabbed Marc around the collar and dragged him out of the eatery.
‘Tomorrow, after school, better show up,’ he said, ‘or it will get worse.’
Jeremy then walked off; Marc knew he was in deep trouble, not from the teachers, but from Jeremy. Jeremy was going to kill him, Marc didn’t stand a chance. On the way home Marc felt sick in the tummy, it was his way of saying, don’t show tomorrow.
As Marc arrived home, he started thinking of a way to tell his mum that he didn’t want to go to school tomorrow, because Jeremy was waiting. Marc went to bed without dinner that night, and he lay in bed for an endless amount of time, before he finally dosed off.
In the morning, Marc woke up late, so he didn’t have breakfast, he just had a shower, and walked off to school. All of the schools kids passed him and looked at him with a sorry face, they didn’t like him, but they didn’t want this to happen.
After school, Jeremy came up to Marc.
‘Ready?’
‘No,’ replied Marc, ‘of course not.’
Jeremy then took a swing at Marc, but to everyone’s surprise, Marc dodged the swing, Jeremy repeatedly swung and missed, until Marc, took a swing with his leg, and got Jeremy in the family jewels. Jeremy dropped to the ground in agony, and then Marc started to lay into him, smashing him, Jeremy was crying, and got up and ran off, Marc just stood there and watched, he didn’t do anything else.
‘Come with me.’ Principle McLeod said.
Marc was ready to face his punishment, he didn’t really care, all he cared about was that he made Jeremy Michaels cry.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!