Watch And Wait

I was sitting in class one day and looked outside the window. I saw something I had never realised before. Two birds were laying underneath a bushy tree. "Jasmine are you paying attention?" Ms Flake said. "Uh yeah," I said looking at the smart board. As soon as she looked away I checked the birds again. Class was over and I went down the back near where the birds were. Her stomach was big and the birds never left each other's side. "Hey Jasmine!" My best friend Angela said. "Hey," I said still staring at the birds. "What's up with them?" she asked putting some of her lip stick on. "I think she's pregnant," I said the birds ran away. "You're amused by a pregnant bird, what's wrong with you today?" Angela said. "Nothing come on let's go get lunch," I said as we walked to the hall.

Days past and at each class I watched them and each break I fed them some of my leftovers. On a Monday morning I saw the father with two baby birds. But I couldn't see the mother. At first break I ran out the back and searched until I saw a bird body. It was the mother of the babies. I started to grow tears in my eyes and started to cry. I fell onto my knees and put my head in my hands.

The next couple of days I didn't listen to class or take a step outside except for when I was leaving and arriving at school.

I finally got over it and every night I thought of her having the best moment of her life which ended in death. She was a great pet/friend and I wish I could tell you everything on this piece of paper. But it's not long enough like that bird's life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!