Haunted House Of Mirrors

It was a sunny day as Andy, an off-duty detective, walked around a theme park called The Land of Horrors. He had come because his 15 year old daughter, Alex, had begged him to go. He hadn’t known about her for her whole life until a couple of months ago. She had come to him because his ex-wife had passed away. He said ‘yes’ to the park, to please her as he grew closer to her and made up for the years he hadn’t been there or known her for.

He was walking around with his daughter a little dizzily from the roller coaster of everlasting doom (a ride that went for ages and then broke and you fall into a pit of foam concealed as concrete), when he heard a bloodcurdling scream ‘stay here’ he ordered his daughter and ran away. When he got to the place where the noise came from nothing was there, just the smell of off milk and coppery blood.

He looked around and saw that he was at the haunted house of mirrors, suspiciously he went up to the front entrance and looked at the two grinning demons who looked about 10,000 years old with their wrinkly, saggy material that was blotched with different colours and demented features such as a long screwed up nose and twisted ears.

‘Hello, Andy’ said one of the heads in a wicked, evil voice as it turned around.

Startled he leaned forward and asked, ‘how do you know my name?’

‘Please pay admission,’ it answered in a simple mechanical voice.

‘Wha?’ ‘No how do you know my name’,

‘Please pay admission,’ it answered again,

Andy sighed in defeat and produced a park coin from a bag that he got at the front gate and put it in the other demon’s mouth ‘please pay admission,’ it said again. Frowning he payed again and again but to no avail. To investigate he desperately emptied the bag into the demon’s mouth.

‘Welcome to the haunted house of mirrors,’ the talking demon head said, the front gates opened and he walked inside.

It was dimly lit and musty inside, he looked around at all of the mirrors, some were fat and some were skinny. He walked into a narrow one-person-at-a-time corridor, he looked from side to side as he walked and he noticed that one side was funny and the other side was scary.

As he walked the funny side got funnier and the scary side got scarier. When he got to the end it was a dead-end with a funny image of him at the end. He turned around and there was a really scary image where the corridor was meant to be, he turned around frantically looking around and saw his wife chained up, skinned and dead.

He turned for an escape but there was none, the reflections drew closer, then suddenly they leaped at him and tackled him to the ground. He died that day, the reflections ate him. THE END.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!