The First Demon

Starlight is an aqua-coloured dragon. She has an amber underbelly which matches with the six horns on her head, which also has a somewhat cresent, violet-purple fringe which shines slightly. She has silver wing flaps. On the end of her tail is a golden dagger-like crest. Before then are a gold, pearl-hued ring and three spikes, as well as shining electric marks that line her back.

Earthquakes vibrated through the ruins where Starlight stood, steadily becoming stronger, until a huge, menacing, yet thin creature, similar to a death worm, burst out. It was covered with bones to armour its maroon body that had dark purple splattered across it and gold veins on its sides.

It stared at Starlight, with the pain of endless hunger in its shining emerald eyes, which were completely emotionless and blank, and immediately snapped its hundreds of rows of teeth at her, landing barely an inch away. She flew up- shooting a beam of fire, she attempted to stab the creature, but missed, and her sword firmly became stuck in the ground.

It didn’t matter- the demon was already burning with pain. It lunged at her as she soared up and avoided the attack, but suffered from a mark of burn. It then grabbed her tail with its teeth: she tried so hard to stop it, but it made the pain and blood gushing out worse.

Starlight then noticed an unarmoured spot on the Carvan’s neck. She cunningly coaxed it towards her sword, took it from the ground and stabbed relentlessly. It made her pain hurt more, but finally, the Carvan let go, shrieked in pain, and stopped breathing. It was dead.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!