Dark Woods

As I was walking exploring the woods one dark night. I noticed bumps in the ground, I took out my light they were footsteps. You could see them in the dirt, hear them but I don’t know whose or what they were. I started moving faster, but suddenly I noticed dark green eyes in the bush starring at me. I ran as fast as I could, but its sharp claws latched on to me not letting me run. I didn’t know what to do, but before I knew it I was getting dragged somewhere.
I woke up. Its morning, I’m in the middle of nowhere and I couldn’t remember what happened. I tried to ring my parents, but my mobile had no signal. My life is a total mess; I don’t know where I am, but worst of all I’m starving and that thing is still out there, what should I do? I started walking trying to find a signal, but it was know use. My mum says never give up, so that’s what I did, and before I knew it I found a road.
After walking for what seemed like forever, I found home. Something is wrong, is that home? I walked in and checked the street name twice it was the right street, I don’t understand. That abnormal creature must have done something. I was so disappointed I thought I was home. But if this isn’t home where am I? I walked in and searched around, but I found nothing.
I decided I’d go to a café and have some food then get out and go search again for home.
I walked east following the sun. But then the ground started to move, it was the peculiar creature it’s been following me the whole time. I saw it shape shift into a person, it was a shape shifter. I ran as fast as the wind and then suddenly it disappeared and ended up in front of me. I was scared to death, my whole body was tingling. I ran backwards but it kept on following me, it wouldn’t give up. But I’d have to make it go, but just how.
I found a small town and ran in and went into the crowd it looked like a show was being performed. I ran past everyone but I stopped suddenly because I saw familiar faces it was my Mum and Dad, it looked like they were trying to get through the crowd, to look for me. I was so happy I ran towards them and hugged them. “Where have you been, we’ve missed you so much?” “I was out and about,” I said. “Well let’s go home then, Ok,” I said. The shape shifter was gone, I don’t know why. I’m so happy. We went home and my life was perfect again. I hope it stays away from my family and me; otherwise I might not ever have a normal life again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!